gowmu.wmich.edu – WMU Account Login
Go WMU Online Account Access
Western Michigan University provides its students, faculty, staff, and other members with a safe and secure web portal, Go WMU, to use its online services and access the information based on their roles at the university. All the information is presented in the form of pages, and those pages contain a series of portlets. The portal can be accessed from any internet-connect computer and mobile devices from anywhere at any time.
Western Michigan University is a public university in Kalamazoo, Michigan with more than 21,000 thousand students and 860 full-time staff. The institution offers around 147 undergraduate degrees, 73 master’s degrees, 30 doctoral degrees, and 1 specialist degree in programs like business, engineering, applied science, aviation, fine arts, education, health, and human services, etc. WMU also has 300 plus registered student organizations.
How to Log In Go WMU Student Account Online
Go WMU is the intranet of Western Michigan University and it can be accessed by both the students and the employees. To access Go WMU Online Account, the users must have an activated Bronco NetID as username and password sent by the university at the time of admission or created after hiring.
The student accounts in Go WMU remain active for 1 year after stopping classes. Then the account will be inactive due to the break or a lapse in affiliation. In that event, you will be required to re-admit to the university if you would like to re-enroll for the Go WMU service. However, to log in to the Go WMU, you can take the following simple and easy steps listed below.
- Visit Go WMU Portal at gowmu.wmich.edu
- Enter your Bronco NetID and Password in their respective fields in the middle of the page.
- Click the “Log In” button.
Once logged in to your Go WMU Online Account, as a student, you can get to campus and individual announcements, registration, grades, transcripts, class roster, calendar, account details and personal information, financial aid info, e-learning, email, and many more.
Note that the home page of WMU Online Portal is displayed by default. You need to click on the page name to view the different pages and the available contents in it. You can also browse the portlets within those pages.
How to Recover Go WMU Online Account Login Information
The Go WMU portal user who has forgotten the login password of their Online Account can easily change or reset it with the self-service tools provided on the login portal. To initiating the resetting process, they can
- Visit Go WMU Student Login page at gowmu.wmich.edu
- Click on the “Forgot/change password?” link under its entry field.
- Enter your Bronco NetID on the credential manager webpage.
- Select the option based on your need
- Click the “Next” button to proceed.
- Answer the challenge questions that you set previously.
If your answers are correct, a password reset link will be sent to your personal email address through which you can set a new Go WMU online account password.
The Bronco NetID is the username of all WMU communication and online access. It cannot be changed or retrieve by self-serving. The students will receive their Bronco NetID to their personal email address when they are admitted to the university. The email also contains a link to create a password for the first time login to Go WMU. Note that to set a password, you need to know your WIN that is available in a separate message to the same email address of yours. For any problem with the Id, contact the help desk for assistance.
The Bronco NetID of a staff or faculty is automatically generated after WMU HR process the hire information. To obtain or retrieve the ID, they will need to contact their supervisor.
Also Read : Login To Your SchwabPlan Account
How to Log In WMU Authorized & Proxy User Account Online
Under FERPA (the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act) students can grant their parents, family members, and other third parties to access their payment and account information. It enables authorized users to view and make payments, receive notice, check invoices and statements, etc.
The willing parents, guardians, employers, and sponsors must be set up by the student to access the student information for the authorized user or proxy access. For that, the students must log in to their Go WMU online account. There are two types of account- Authorized User for payment and account information and Proxy Access for academic and financial aid information.
WMU Authorized User Login
After students set up authorized users, they must log in to change the temporary password enter their name to complete the process, and gain access to their account. For WMU Authorized User logging in, you can
- Visit the Go WMU Student Login portal at gowmu.wmich.edu
- Click on the “Parent/ authorized/ proxy users log in here” link below the login button.
- On the next page, select the link on “Current Authorized Users”, the first option, to be directed to the designated login page.
- Entering the payment and account information login page, select a login option from the left-hand side based on your role.
- For WMU Staff login, provide your University ID and PIN whereas the parents and other users need to select the ‘Authorized User Login’ to enter their registered email and password. (If first-time, use the temporary password).
- Click on the “Login” button.
If you are an old authorized user who has forgotten the password, submit only their account email and the password will be sent to the address. Once logged in, you can make payments, enroll in a payment plan, check your student’s balance, statements, and many more.
WMU Proxy Access Login
The registered parents or third-party individuals who have given the granted ‘Proxy Access’ by their Western Michigan University students to view some certain academic and financial aid information, can log in to it in the following way.
- Go to the WMU Authorized User Login wapps.wmich.edu/authuser
- Click the link on the third box “Already granted Proxy Access” just below the ‘Current Authorized Users’
- Entering the Proxy Access Login page, type the registered Email Address and PIN defined previously.
- Click the “Login” button
By logging in, you can view academic and financial aid information like degree works, enrollment verification, grades, classes, student schedule, financial aid payment schedule and requirements, transcript, etc. The content, that students must consent, can only be accessed to view but not to edit.
For further assistance, use the “Help” link, posted in the lower right of the Go WMU Login Page, or contact the Help Desk.
WMU Help Desk Phone Number: (269) 387-4357
Email Address: email@example.com
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5206