www.michigan.gov/uia – Login To Your MiWAM Online Account
MiWAM Online Account Access :
The Unemployment Insurance Agency or UIA provides the unemployed employees and employers of Michigan an online system, Michigan Web Account Manager- MiWAM, to file their unemployment insurance claim and manage their UIA Account online as well. To apply for the unemployment benefits, the employees can sign in MiWAM with MILogin as well as the employers can sign up for or log in to the MiWAM account to access their UI Tax account. Filing online through MiWAM is fast and convenient and is available 24 hours a day.
How to Log In MiWAM for Employees Online with MILogin :
To access MiWAM online services, the claimants must have a MILogin Account to log in. MILogin, the state of Michigan Identity Management Solution, enables the users to access many state services and systems across multiple departments using only one set of login credentials over the web.
The unemployed employees including self-employed, 1099-independent contractors, gig, low-wage, W-2, and sole-proprietor can use the following steps to log in to MiWAM with MILogin to initiate their unemployment benefits application.
- Visit the official Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity UIA website www.michigan.gov/uia
- Scroll down the page to click the “FOR EMPLOYEES” button on the left-hand side to enter the MiWAM for the Claimants portal.
- Select the “Sign In With MILogin” and Wait for a few seconds to be directed to the designated page.
- The existing users who are accessing any online service from the state of Michigan click the “LOGIN” button and sign in to their existing MILogin account entering the respective User Id and Password.
- First-time users click the “SIGN UP” button to create an account for MILogin by filling up a short online form.
- For that, they will need to provide their profile information i.e. first name, middle initials, last name, suffix, email address, mobile number, and verification question.
- Select the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and hit the “NEXT” button.
- Complete the security set up and the rest and create your User ID and Password for their MILogin Account.
- Upon completion, return to the login page and sign in to your account in MILogin portal to file your claim for unemployment benefits through MiWAM.
Note that, the users should have one MILogin Account as multiple accounts can prevent access and delay the payment. You already may have a MILogin account if you currently access online services and applications like MDOS eServies, MDHHS MI Bridges and My Health Button, MiPage, PMTC, etc. In that case, use the login from those services to access MILogin account instead of creating a new one.
How to Recover MILogin Account Login Information Online :
In the event that the employees have forgotten their MILogin Account login credentials can retrieve the username and reset the password and obtain the MILogin access again. For that, they will need to
- Click the “Forgot your User ID?” or “Forgot your Password?” link, as per your requirement, from the bottom of the MILogin login page, milogin.michigan.gov.
- To find the User ID, submit your Email Address to confirm your identity.
- For password resetting, you have to enter your MILogin User ID.
- Answer the verification question correctly and click the “SUBMIT” or “NEXT” button to enter the next step.
Follow the instruction on the screen and the user id will be sent to your email address or select option, verify to create a new password, and confirm.
How to Log In MiWAM for Employers Online :
The employers registered with the State of Michigan for Michigan Unemployment Taxes and their representatives can sign up and log in MiWAM online system to view, change, or submit information. For that, they can
- Go to the Michigan UIA website www.michigan.gov/uia
- Scroll down to select the “FOR EMPLOYERS” on the left-hand side of the page to enter the MiWAM for Employers portal.
- Type the username and password linked to your online account with the Unemployment Insurance Agency in their fields in the login area on the lower left of the page.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
How to Recover MiWAM Account Login Information Online :
The users can retrieve the username and reset the password of their MiWAM UIA Employers Online Account if they lost or could not remember the credentials. To initiate the recovery process, they may
- Visit the MiWAM for Employers portal, miwam.unemployment.state.mi.us/EmpMiWAM
- Click the “Forgot your Username?” or “Forgot your Password?” link based on their need under the sign-in button.
- Enter the required information i.e. email address for username retrieval and click “NEXT” to answer the secret question.
- For password reset, provide your MiWAM username and click on the “Reset Password” button.
The Username of your MiWAM Online Account or the instructions to complete the password recovery process will be emailed to you.
How to Register for Employer MiWAM Account Online :
To access the Michigan Web Account Manager, the employers who are still not registered can sign up for a MiWAM Account online. For the registration, the employers can take the following steps provided below.
- Go to the MiWAM for Employers login page, miwam.unemployment.state.mi.us/EmpMiWAM
- Navigate to the ‘Online Services for EMPLOYERS’ at the right-hand side and click on the “Sign Up for an Employer/Service Provider MiWAM Account” link.
- Choose the right option that describes your reason for MiWAM registration
- Submit the required details according to your chosen user option. Like as an employer, you have to provide your UI Account Number and ZIP Code, and FEIN.
- The employees, who have been granted by their employers to register for MiWAM, as added users need to submit their Name, Company Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and Authorization Code.
- Then set up your MiWAM Account following the guide provided to you and accept the security agreement and finish.
MiWAM Employer Business Account Registration :
The employers can also e-register with MiWAM for business by clicking the “Register A Business” link under ‘Online Services for EMPLOYERS’ on the MiWAM for Employers Login Portal. Then start the eRegistration or find the previously saved or submitted application by the FEIN and the Confirmation Number.
Contact Information :
MiWAM Employers Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Phone Number: 855-484-2636
MiWAM Employees Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Phone Number: 866-500-0017